None : It uses the Secure Store Service Unattended account
Windows Authentication: Requires Kerberos Delegation to be in place
SSS : Requires you to specify the ID of the Secure Service Store you configured for Excel
For this simple tutorial I will configure SharePoint 2010 to work with Excel Services using None Authentication.
- Go to SharePoint Central Administration --> Applications Management --> Manage Service Applications
- First we will configure the secure store service so click on the Secure Store Service and press Manage
- Create a New Target Application and name it "ExcelServicesSSS" with a Target Application Type: Group. Follow through the wizard with the default settings until it creates the Secure Store
- Right Click on the Secure Store Service called "ExcelServicesSSS" and set credentials. Use the Windows account you want Excel to use when connecting to Analysis Services.
- Go Back to Applications Management --> Manage Service Applications --> Excel Service Application --> Global Settings and set the Application ID to "ExcelServicesSSS"
- Go into an excel pivot table and in the connection properties go to Definition --> Authentication Settings --> None
Then go into your SharePoint Website and upload this excel sheet in a document library, then use Excel Web Access Webpart to connect to it and thats it :)
Excel services works